Sunday 26 May 2013

An Afterthought...

Sometimes, I sit back and wonder
What would have my life been
Had I chosen a different path
What difference would it mean

Not that I dislike this road                                           
Or ain't happy walking on
Its just a thought, an afterthought
That stays inside and lingers on


Well I do smile
And yes, I laugh
Oh my! I live
My life and a half

No my friend, I don't complain
I have all things this world can give
Just a dearth of something, I feel
A meaning, perhaps, a meaning to live

I know not where I would have been
Had I chosen to chase my wraith
Its just a wish, an afterwish
That keeps coming and grows every breath

That I would have been blitheful
I cannot for sure this say
One thing, but I surely could
I made my choices and lived my way!

https://www.facebook.com/averseortwo


No comments:

Post a Comment